SavingsEveryone's better off when savings are made simple
We make some charges for services we offer. These charges are for our savings and current accounts. If you were looking for mortgage charges, head on over to the tariff of charges section.
- Standard charges
There are charges for some standard services that we make available to you. These are detailed below:
Service Charge Telegraphic Transfer (CHAPS)
Minimum withdrawal £250
£35 per transfer Special presentation of a cheque £5 per cheque Copy cheque £5 per cheque Copy statement £10 per statement Bank Giro Credit payments £1 per payment
We may also make a reasonable charge for any non-standard services which we make available to you on a discretionary basis. If you request such a service, we will tell you the amount of our charges before we act on your instructions.
Current Account charges
The charges in this section relate to the Current Account sold through Northern Rock. The charging period is the 28th of each month to the 27th of the next month. Any overdraft or debit interest charges incurred during the charging period will be debited from your account on the 16th of the following month or the next business day if the 16th is not a business day. If you make a cash withdrawal from a ATM with a Link symbol, you will be advised of the charge on screen when you withdraw. If you make a cash withdrawal at a foreign ATM with a Visa or Plus symbol, you will be charged £1.50 when the money comes out of your account. Not all of our Debit Cards have these facilities.
- Other account charges applicable for current accounts
Fees for these services are deducted from your account immediately, irrespective of your balance.
Telegraphic Transfer (CHAPS) £35 per transfer Special presentation of a cheque £5 per cheque Request to stop a cheque £10 per cheque Bank Giro Credits £1 per credit Copy cheques £5 per cheque Internal transfers not paid due to lack of funds in the account No charge
We are not obliged to provide you with any non-standard services, however, if we do provide you with such a service, we may make a reasonable charge for it. We will tell you the amount of our charges before we act on your instructions.
- Current Account overdrafts
Authorised overdraft rate 11.9% APR
Unauthorised overdraft rate 29.8% APR
Overdraft service fees:
Authorised overdraft £15 per charging period (plus interest on overdraft charged at the rate given above). Unauthorised overdraft £20 per charging period (plus interest on overdraft charged at the rate given above). Overdraft buffer zone All Current Account overdrafts up to £35 do not incur interest or service fees.
- Maximum cash withdrawal
Withdrawals of up to £500 in cash on any one day can be made at any of our Stores*. You can make withdrawals at an ATM up to a maximum of £250 each day, provided you have sufficient cleared funds in your account (and up to any agreed overdraft limit).
*Not all Stores are able to offer full banking services. Any facility which is not available at your local Store, excluding cash deposits and general cash transactions, can be processed at our Main Office. Please refer to your local Store for details.
- Other Current Account services
Cheques, Standing Orders and Direct Debits not paid due to lack of funds in the account. £25 Copy statements minimum charge (per sheet) £10
We may make charges on your Current Account and these may be debited from your Current Account. These may include charges for our costs in looking after your Current Account when it is in credit and charges for any services or facilities we make available to you. We will only increase a service charge:
- if we reasonably need to make the change in order to manage our business prudently and/or reasonably profitably by responding to changes or expected changes in other costs which are outside our control and/or external circumstances affecting our business;
- if we reasonably need to make the change in order to fund steps to maintain or improve our competitive position overall against other financial service providers and/or our ability to attract and retain customers generally;
- if our costs have increased and we reasonably decide to take the increase into consideration;
- to reflect any change in the law or decision by an Ombudsman, code based requirement or regulatory guidance or change in the regulatory system governing us;
- to allow us to harmonise the service charges charged should we acquire the accounts of or take over or merge with another provider of accounts;
- if it is necessary for us to make changes to maintain our financial stability. We will notify you in writing of any change.
We will give you at least two months notice before any change takes effect. At the expiry of this period you will be deemed to have accepted the charges. In the meanwhile, you will be free to close the account immediately and without charge.
Full details are available in our Current Account Charges leaflet.
View examples of Current Account Overdraft and Charges Scenarios.
Please note, Virgin Money don't currently offer a current account. If you would like us to keep you updated on our current account plans as well as broader updates on what's happening at Virgin Money please register your interest in a current account.
Note: These files are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If you do not have a copy of Adobe get your free copy here. Get Acrobat Reader.